Saturday, August 01, 2009

Sales is Problem Solving


He who solves the problem, gets the business. This is something that I have learned from my boss. Sales, according to him, is just like problem solving. Not many telemarketers, salesman and vendors understand this concept.

Here's a sample.

A telemerketer for hotel membership promo, sent her resume for assessment. She's interested to live and work in Canada and wanted to know if she will meet the pass mark using Canada Points System. On her email, she took the opportunity to offer me a membership.
PLEASE SIR I NEED YOUR HELP, I HAD A 6 QUOTA EVERY WEEK.....PLEASE SEND ME TEXT AT 0928******* REGARDING THE DELIVERY OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP UNTIL FRIDAY,YOUR COMPANY NAME,YOUR COMPANY ADDRESS AND THE MEMBERSHIP THAT YOU WANT FOR ME TO DELIVER ON FRIDAY AT 2 PM.....OR YOU CAN TEXT ME YOUR NAME AND YOUR LANDLINE FOR ME TO CALL YOU TOMORROW AND EXPLAIN ABOUT THIS MATTER.....

She wants me to buy a membership to help her with her quota!?! This style is similar to those kids selling dried mangoes saying it's for their tuition. It may work to some extent but it's not gonna work for me.

Do you have similar experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment