Saturday, November 05, 2011

Blckberry White Screen of Death - Blackberry Curve 8520


About a week ago, my Blackberry Curve 8520 suddenly died. My did not fall or something, it just died. I was checking Facebook feeds when for the first time, the white screen of death (WSOD) presented itself.

I have tried putting it on a safe mode and it was ok but only for a short while. Then I tried reinstalling the OS using the app loader and it did worked! But the white screen of death appeared again. I tried reloading the OS again but it failed after seveal cycles: WSOD- Reload OS - WSOD - Reload OS - WSOD.

So I gave up.

But there's another option that I haven't tried yet. That is to disassembe the device and fix the four solder points behind the mini usb port, which could somehow created a short behind the screen. I read this from one of the blackberry forums.

I will just try and try again to install the OS. :-)

So while waiting for my new phone from SMART this February 2012, I decided to buy a cheap smart phone for only P3,000. It's proudly Philippine made MY|Phone QW29 Duo!

I'm surprised that it is actually working - push mail, wifi, social media apps, etc. Transferring my blackberry phonebook to Myphone QW29 Duo is as easy as copy/paste procedure! I'll probably write a review of this phone later.

If you are looking for a fix to your blackberry white screen of death, check this blackberry support forum.

1 comment:

  1. This really can be a tricky problem. Try these three methods, the second worked for me http://howtofixstuff.blogspot.com/2012/01/how-to-fix-white-screen-on-blackberry.html you also might need a little luck

    ReplyDelete