Friday, March 02, 2012

DBP Account Locked | Phising Attempt - Development Bank of the Philippines

I received an email today from an contact-us@dbpnet.org claiming to be from Development Bank of the Philippines. Here's a screen shot.

Phising Attempt - Development Bank of the Philippines

Phising attempt - Development Bank of the Philippines


It says that due to unexpected shutdown today resulting in loss of data and financial records, I need to reactivate my account online. But because I don't have a DBP Account, I knew right away that it's just a phising attempt.

What is funny is that the email account used (contact-us@dbpnet.org) to send the message was from DBPNet which stands for Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics Research Network (DBPNet).

This scam is similar to China Banking Corporation phising attempt that I received last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment